[oXygen-user] Setting up catalog files for W3C XML Schemas

Sorin Ristache
Fri Mar 4 01:32:03 CST 2005

Hello,

You did not corrupt the default catalog. It just doesn't have a DOCTYPE
declaration. You should use it with DocBook/TEI/XHTML/SVG/JSP documents
*without* changing it in any way but if you want to validate it please
take into account it is only a document like any other XML document.
That means you must tell the parser what is the grammar with the
constraints that the document must follow. If you add the following
declaration above the element *catalog*

<!DOCTYPE catalog SYSTEM
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">

you will have no validation errors. You can view the DTD document with
any Web browser by going to:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd

Best regards,
Sorin