[oXygen-user] Setting up catalog files for W3C XML Schemas

Thu Mar 3 23:18:47 CST 2005

Sorin,

Thanks for this information.  I think that I may have corrupted my Oxygen
default catalog.  It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
   <nextCatalog catalog="docbook/catalog.xml" />
   <nextCatalog catalog="tei/dtd/teicatalog.xml" />
   <nextCatalog catalog="xhtml/dtd/xhtmlcatalog.xml" />
   <nextCatalog catalog="svg/dtd/svgcatalog.xml" />
    <nextCatalog catalog="jsp/xsd/jspcatalog.xml"/>
</catalog>

However, when I try to validate this file I get the following error:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cvc-elt	E cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the
declaration of element 'catalog'.	catalog.xml
file:/C:/Program%20Files/Oxygen%205.0/frameworks/catalog.xml	2:1

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

John