[oXygen-user] an extra blank page in the .pdf output + a new question

Chip Wiegand
Wed Aug 10 10:34:05 CDT 2005

 wrote on 08/10/2005 01:24:32 AM:

> Hello Chip,
>
> If you are using the Docbook XSL stylesheets and the FOP processor to
> generate the pdf file the empty page seems to be a bug in FOP. In the
> XSL-FO file generated by the stylesheets the pages that follow the title

> and copyright pages start a new page sequence. The FOP processor should
> not generate an empty page for a break-after property before a new
> page sequence. To avoid that use in your transformation scenario a
> Docbook XSL customization layer that replaces the template
> book.titlepage.separator with an empty template:

> version="1.0">
>      <xsl:import href="../frameworks/docbook/xsl/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
>      <xsl:template name="book.titlepage.separator"/>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks for the help, I have my own .xsl stylesheet already so I added your
suggested code to it and it works fine. It would only work with the code -
<xsl:template name="book.titlepage.separator"/> - and not the other stuff,
I already have the other lines in my .xsl. But what I don't understand is
why that one line does anything at all? I don't see anything there to tell
the processor to do anything. I must not be understanding it correctly.

So, here's another one I hope can be fixed by just adding a bit of code to
the .xsl -
How do I define a smaller size font for chapter titles? I found some info
in the Docbook manual, chapter 5, on customizing Docbook, but that looks
way too complicated for what I want to do.

Regards,
Chip

http://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/DocbookCustomization/docbookCustomization.html