[oXygen-user] an extra blank page in the .pdf output

Sorin Ristache
Wed Aug 10 03:24:32 CDT 2005

Hello Chip,

If you are using the Docbook XSL stylesheets and the FOP processor to
generate the pdf file the empty page seems to be a bug in FOP. In the
XSL-FO file generated by the stylesheets the pages that follow the title
and copyright pages start a new page sequence. The FOP processor should
not generate an empty page for a break-after property before a new
page sequence. To avoid that use in your transformation scenario a
Docbook XSL customization layer that replaces the template
book.titlepage.separator with an empty template:

version="1.0">
     <xsl:import href="../frameworks/docbook/xsl/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
     <xsl:template name="book.titlepage.separator"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I just tried it on a large Docbook document and the empty page is not
generated any more. You have to replace the path to the docbook.xsl
stylesheet with a valid path on your machine.

For instructions about creating and using a Docbook customization layer
in <oXygen/> see the demo:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/DocbookCustomization/docbookCustomization.html

Best regards,
Sorin