[oXygen-user] interrupting and restarting an external tool script

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Thu Mar 5 07:23:31 CST 2015

Hello Tara,

How are you running the scripts, what do you use in the "Command line"
field to start them?

Do you have multiple external tools configured in Oxygen to run the
scripts and are you running several (different) external tools at the
same time?
Or are you referring to the same external tool being run multiple times?

Note that you cannot start an external tool a second time while it's
already running. The RUN icon (blue triangle) changes to STOP (red
square). So, if you press the button of the external tool again, Oxygen
will attempt to stop the running process. Another aspect I must mention
is that if your script spawns other processes, Oxygen will not stop
those (it doesn't kill the process tree), just the process it knows it
started.

If all else fails, you can use the Task Manager (or Activity Monitor on
OS X) to kill the process or even the entire process tree.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support