[oXygen-user] Errors (Java) after update 16.0 -> 16.1

Andreas Wagner
Thu Oct 16 17:42:29 CDT 2014

Hi Adrian and all,

* Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza) dixit [2014-10-16 15:29]:
>Please let us know if the problem persists after a clean install.

The procedure you have described apparently has solved the issue. Thank
you a lot.

> By what means did you upgrade your version of Oxygen to v16.1? Did you
> use the .sh installer or a .tar.gz distribution?
> Did you upgrade from v16.0 or was it an older version?
> We did not encounter such problems when testing the upgrade procedure
> from v16.0 to v16.1 (including on Linux), so something must have gone
> wrong when you upgraded.

I have used the (32bit) .sh installer and pointed it to the directory
where the previous 16.0 install was. I didn't bother uninstalling that
one first since I knew from previous upgrades that the installer should
take care of that. (Now that you mention it, I noticed that the old
binaries (e.g. 'oxygen16.0' in oXygen's main install directory) were
also still around.

With all the other updates around (my linux distribution, Archlinux,
also has made significant changes recently), I got somewhat confused.

Anyway, it's all up and running again - so thank you again.

Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas Wagner
Project "The School of Salamanca"