[oXygen-user] Pick lists in Author mode

Wendell Piez
Thu Oct 16 09:03:00 CDT 2014

Hi,

I think the forms-like editing in Author mode is fantastic. One thing
I like being able to do is having a pull-down listing valid values for
element or attribute contents.

One thing I have a need for -- to have the choice of valid values
specified dynamically, in the document itself or close by.

I can specify a rule in Schematron that checks whether arbitrary (key)
relations hold in a document (or across two or more documents), but I
wonder how I can get oXygen to read the permissible values (however
they are defined and constrained, for example as a set of attribute
values in metadata) and pop them up in a picklist.

Essentially this is like an ID/IDREF requirement, only generalized,
and specifiable using XPath.

Is there any hope for me? Could I sneak some kind of function into the
CSS that oXygen uses to configure the pick lists, and achieve this,
using XPath?

Regards, Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables