[oXygen-user] Pick lists in Author mode

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu)
Fri Oct 17 02:14:47 CDT 2014

Hi Wendell,

So one option for this would indeed to use the oxy_xpath CSS function to
gather values from some place and then use them in the form control.
For example:

> link:before{
>       content: "Managed by:"
>         oxy_editor(
>             type, combo,
>             edit, "@manager",
>             values, oxy_xpath('string-join(//@id , ",") '));

The oxy_xpath could also look in some external file using the document
function and then combine all values with the "," character in order to
set them as a parameter for the form control.

This approach might lead to performance problems though. So if you hit
any performance problems:

We already have API to provide values for attributes and elements via an
Java extension. My colleague Alex has been working on such an
implementation which picks values from an XML configuration document.
So if you contact us directly I could try to give you a JAR library and
some instructions to set this up.