[oXygen-user] Errors (Java) after update 16.0 -> 16.1

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Thu Oct 16 08:29:25 CDT 2014

Hello Andreas,

By what means did you upgrade your version of Oxygen to v16.1? Did you
use the .sh installer or a .tar.gz distribution?
Did you upgrade from v16.0 or was it an older version?
We did not encounter such problems when testing the upgrade procedure
from v16.0 to v16.1 (including on Linux), so something must have gone
wrong when you upgraded.

 From the stack trace I can tell that you now have a mix of .jar
libraries from at least two different versions of Oxygen, so it seems
the upgrade did not work as intended. This means your current Oxygen
installation no longer works correctly due to various conflicts between
the mixed libraries.

To fix this:
1. If you have added files or made changes to any of the files from the
Oxygen installation folder(especially the frameworks folder), please
create a backup of those files.
2. Please uninstall your current Oxygen installation.
3. If any files are left behind in the Oxygen installation folder
(especially in the lib folder) after uninstalling, please remove them
manually.
4. Perform a clean install of v16.1 and everything should work as expected.

Note that the Oxygen options are kept elsewhere (user profile folder),
so they will be preserved.

Please let us know if the problem persists after a clean install.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support