[oXygen-user] Detach a tab?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Thu Oct 9 10:06:41 CDT 2014

Hi Tom,

The preferences should persist no matter the kit. However, make sure you
have installed the same product bundle (Editor, Author or Developer) as
before and are using the same launcher (Editor, Author or Developer) as
before. Note that the Oxygen XML Editor product bundle also includes
launchers for Author and Developer in addition to the Editor launcher.
However, each of these launchers uses a distinct set of preferences.
Also, if you've upgraded to a new version of Oxygen (from v16.0 to
v16.1), the options get imported automatically in the new version only
the first time you start it.

There are no obvious advantages of using Java SE 8 (from Oracle) over
Java SE 6 (from Apple) with Oxygen on OS X. Some would argue that Java
SE 8 is faster and thus better. However, currently for best results we
still recommend using Java SE 6 (from Apple), because, so far,  it has
proven to be a more stable and better integrated implementation for OS X
than Oracle's. So currently we can only recommend the Java SE 8 kit for
those situations where the other kit falters.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support