[oXygen-user] Trying to debug a "non-deterministic" DTD

Syd Bauman
Tue Oct 7 09:57:49 CDT 2014

Can't tell you if oXygen can help you find the non-deterministic
content model, but some thoughts:

 * Use RELAX NG

 * Non-determinism occurs when a parser would not be able to tell
   which "branch" of the content model it is matching. E.g.
     <!ELEMENT duck ( a+, b*, a+ )>
   If a <duck> has only an <a>, a parser would not know whether it
   should match the first 'a+' or the second one.

 * Use RELAX NG

 * Even if you can't use XMetal, quite a few simple free tools will
   do this for you. I am quite fond of `xmllint` for this purpose.

 * Use RELAX NG

 * If you post your DTD, I'm sure any number of us would be happy to
   point out where the non-determinism is. (This is your best bet for
   a one-time problem, but doesn't scale well, of course :-)

 * Use RELAX NG