[oXygen-user] Trying to debug a "non-deterministic" DTD

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Tue Oct 7 10:09:24 CDT 2014

Hello Frank,

On what platform are you running Oxygen (Windows, Mac, Linux)?
Oxygen uses Xerces for XML parsing and validation against DTD. For DTD
validation there is just the default mode, there is no "strict mode".
The options that affect DTD validation in Oxygen are located in Options
 > Preferences, XML > XML Parser

Are you validating the DTD itself or an XML against the DTD?
If you validate the XML against the DTD, you can also use LIBXML
(xmllint). In Windows you can also use MSXML 4.0 or MSXML.NET.
You can find these in the the 'Custom Validation Engines' toolbar.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support