[oXygen-user] Ignore '.svn' directory and contents when validating?

Tony Graham
Mon May 2 06:40:50 CDT 2011

I have a directory containing a mixture of XML and non-XML files, e.g.,
some '.txt' files.  (BTW, since this is a client's data, I have no control
over what's in the directory.)

The directory is checked into Subversion, so there's also a '.svn'
subdirectory that contains several Subversion-specific files plus a
'.svn-base' for each checked-in file.

The directory has been added an oXygen project as a folder.

When I right-click on the folder in the oXygen project and select
'Validate > Validate', oXygen attempts to validate every file in the
directory and its '.svn' subdirectory.

I can make oXygen ignore the files in the '.svn' subdirectory by adding
'*.svn-base', 'entries', and 'all-wcprops' to the list of 'binary' file
types in the 'File Types' preferences panel.  Adding just '.svn' had no
effect.

Is there a way to get oXygen to not try to validate the '.svn'
subdirectory other than by explicitly ignoring every possible file and
file type under '.svn'?

Is there a way to get oXygen to not try to validate '.txt' files?  After
all, the 'txt' extension is mapped to the 'Text Editor' in oXygen, not to
the 'XML Editor'.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Mentea