[oXygen-user] Selecting/Creating oXygen editor windows

Radu Coravu
Wed Nov 3 07:21:51 CDT 2010

Hi Michael,

See some answers below:

On 11/3/2010 12:33 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently been developing a standalone oXygen 12.0 workspace
> plugin that produces an XML document containing oXygen's track-change
> processing instructions. Currently this plugin can write its results
> either to an existing editor or to a file. In the latter case the file
> is opened in an oXygen editor once it has been written. In the former
> case, the editor is correctly updated but not selected as the current
> editor. Is there a way of selecting this output editor as the current
> editor from within the plugin?

Yes, just use the ro.sync.exml.workspace.api.Workspace.open(URL url);
method. Oxygen cannot open an URL twice inside it so calling the method
on an URL which is already opened will result in the editor tab getting
selected.

> I would also like to allow the user to send the output to a "new"
> freshly constructed editor window with an appropriate "untitled #number"
> name, where the action of "saving" the document would prompt the user
> for the location to save the file in. There may be cases where the user
> just wants to view the result, rather than save it to a file. We
> generally know the type of document that is being generated (e.g. DITA,
> DocBook, general XML) so could supply this to the oXygen editor creation
> API, if this is helpful. Any pointers on how this - or something similar
> - could be achieved would be welcome.

This cannot be done using the current API for now.
So you would like something like:

newEditor(String extension, String xmlContent);

Is this right?
Maybe we can improve the API to contain such a method in a future version.