[oXygen-user] how to install on Ubuntu

Adrian Buza
Mon Apr 19 02:19:18 CDT 2010

Hello,

This usually happens when you're running an installer with the wrong
architecture for your OS.
e.g. The 64-bit installer on a 32-bit Ubuntu or vice versa.

Check if your Ubuntu is 64-bit. Execute in a terminal:
uname -a

If it has a 64-bit kernel you should get *x86_64* in the returned string.
e.g. Linux <hostname> 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12
04:38:19 UTC 2010 *x86_64* GNU/Linux

If it's not 64-bit then obviously you should download the Linux 32-bit
installer.

Regards,
Adrian Buza
Oxygen XML Editor support