[oXygen-user] Author : copy/past

Sorin Ristache
Thu May 28 09:35:54 CDT 2009

Hello,

It is not possible to have always the same whitespaces in Text mode
after switching from Author mode to Text mode. For inline elements (the
elements with display:inline in the CSS that drives the Author version
of the document) the whitespaces are preserved but for block elements
(the elements with display:block) the whitespaces are not preserved. The
whole process is more complicated but mainly in the Author document
model the whitespace only text nodes are stripped from the parent of a
block element because a block element is always rendered as a separate
block.

If you need consistent formatting for your XML documents you can set the
pretty-print options to the desired set of values in Preferences ->
Editor -> Format and Preferences -> Editor -> Format -> XML and apply
the action Format and Indent to all your XML documents in Text mode
before saving them. The save action of Author mode applies the same
formatting algorithm to the edited XML document.