[oXygen-user] Quicker way to insert character entities?

Helen Borrie
Wed Jul 8 05:21:34 CDT 2009

At 07:38 PM 8/07/2009, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>There is a quick method of inserting an entity reference at the cursor
>position: double click on the name of the entity in the Entities view.
>This view is available in both the Text mode and the Author mode. In the
>default layout of the Oxygen window the view is visible in both modes on
>the right side in a tabbed pane with the Elements view. If it is not
>visible in your layout (you use a fixed layout or other customized
>layout) just go to menu Perspective -> Show View -> Entities.
>

>http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-author/content-author-role.html#author-entities-view
>
>http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-author/entities-view.html

Bingo!  Yes, I discovered this Entities view earlier today as I was just going around all the menus looking for !! something !!  In my searches I also found the table where you can set up shortcuts, which also shows shortcuts that are already defined.  So now I also have the ability to select something that needs inline quotes, do Ctrl-E and pick 'q'.  Great!

Thanks,
Helen