[oXygen-user] very slow response when switching back to oXygen

Sorin Ristache
Fri May 23 10:32:45 CDT 2008

Hello,

Can you determine if the delay is caused by Windows swapping in
applications from disk to physical RAM memory for executing it on the
CPU, resolving page faults, etc? Is the total memory of all currently
running applications much larger than the physical RAM memory?

We can look in a log file generated by Oxygen on your computer which
will tell us if the delay occurs before or after the application resumes
execution by receiving the CPU from the operating system (that is the
delay is in the Oxygen application or in the operating system). For
generating a log file please copy the attached file log4j.properties in
the directory [Oxygen-install-dir]/lib, restart Oxygen, reproduce the
delay, close Oxygen and send us all the files
[Oxygen-install-dir]/oxygen.log* (that is oxygen.log, oxygen.log.1,
oxygen.log.2, in case there is more than one log file).