[oXygen-user] Problem generating XML document from schema

Bradley, Peter
Wed Feb 20 07:53:07 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm involved in writing an application that will obtain data from and
send data to the UK Student Loan Company via a Web service that is
planned to be available shortly.  The necessary schema information is
contained in the Database Schema and Database Types xsd files available
from:

http://www.ucisa.ac.uk/groups/cisg/misgdocs/HEICourseDatabase

I've downloaded the files and opened them in <oXygen/>.  In order to get
an idea of the kind of document I will need to be able to write into and
generate from our database, I have tried to generate a sample XML file.

With the HEICourseDatabaseSchema.xsd file open in <oXygen/> I do Tools
--> Generate Sample XML Files ...

In the dialog, I browse to the HEICourseDatabaseSchema.xsd file, for the
URL.  I then try to set a document root, but the Document root drop down
list is empty.  The HEICourseDatabaseTypes.xsd file is in the same
directory as the HEICourseDatabaseSchema.xsd file and should therefore
be available, so it's not that.

Can anyone point out to me the obvious point that I'm missing, please?
I've never had trouble generating sample files before, so I just don't
see what I'm doing wrong.

Many thanks

Peter