[oXygen-user] Problem generating XML document from schema

George Cristian Bina
Wed Feb 20 08:09:27 CST 2008

Dear Peter,

Both schemas you are referring to do not define any element. They define
only types.

Looking into the database schema I noted an annotation referring to a
root element, but that is inside a type declaration:

   <xs:complexType name="catalog">
     <xs:annotation>
       <xs:documentation>Root element. A catalog is made up of one or
         more institutions.</xs:documentation>
     </xs:annotation>
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element name="institution" type="cdbdata:institution"
         maxOccurs="unbounded"></xs:element>
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>

If you define a catalog element and specify the above catalog type as
its type, like below for example:

<xs:element name="catalog" type="cdbdata:catalog"/>

then oXygen will present the catalog element in the instance generator
dialog.

George Cristian Bina - http://aboutxml.blogspot.com/