[oXygen-user] xinclude

Sorin Ristache
Wed Feb 20 09:19:36 CST 2008

Hello,

You can execute the command as an external tool in oXygen. Go to Options
-> Preferences -> External Tools and define a new tool with the command
line:

xmllint --xinclude ${cf}

where ${cf} is an oXygen editor variable that is replaced at runtime
with the full file path of the edited file. Other editor variables are
available in the dialog for defining an external tool. After defining
the tool you can run it by pressing on the button with the tool name on
the External Tools toolbar. The output of the external tool is displayed
in a results panel at the bottom of the oXygen window.

On Windows oXygen comes with the xmllint.exe executable in the install
folder. On Mac OS X oXygen does not include the xmllint tool but it is a
standard preinstalled tool of OS X so you do not need to configure it.
On Linux usually xmllint is also available as a standard preinstalled
tool but if it is not available you have to install an xmllint version
that is compatible with your version of libc.