[oXygen-user] shortcuts for special characters

James Cummings
Wed May 16 13:13:31 CDT 2007

George Cristian Bina wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I see...
> I will log an enhancement request on our Jira to provide an action
> called for instance "Insert template" that will trigger the insertion of
> a template at the current position without looking for an already
> entered prefix. You should be able to set a shortcut for that and invoke
> it then type the template name to select it.

That would seem to be a very good way to do it.  So you'd have the template but
then have a shortcut key that called that.  Any possibility that you could just
define those shortcut keys when creating the template? (Rather than have to
define the template, then go associate a key with calling it.)

> Another possibility is to have a view showing all the templates and have
> some insert actions from that view at the current caret position.

Less convenient than just being able to map it to a keystroke I'd say, but might
be helpful to see them I suppose.

Many thanks,

-James