[oXygen-user] Allowing Ant Editor to Edit XML Files Other Than build.xml in Eclipse

Sorin Ristache
Tue Jan 30 07:59:53 CST 2007

Hello,

It seems an Eclipse problem that the Ant editor is not listed on the
Open with ... submenu on build_x.xml files as the Ant plugin is
registered for the *.xml file type. I checked that in Preferences ->
General -> Content Types. Also changing the priority attribute from
"normal" to "high" on the content type extension contributed by Ant in
the Ant plugin descriptor file did not change anything on the Open with
... submenu although it works for other plugins. The only solution that
I could find was to add each build_x.xml file in the File associations
list of the Ant plugin defined in Preferences -> General -> Content
Types, just like Ant already does by default for the build.xml file.