[oXygen-user] Allowing Ant Editor to Edit XML Files Other Than build.xml in Eclipse

W. Eliot Kimber
Thu Jan 25 17:01:14 CST 2007

In the DITA Open Toolkit there are lots of Ant scripts named
"build_xxx.xml". For some reason, Eclipse only shows Oxygen and the
built-in text editor when I do an "Open with..." on one of those files.
Within content types, the "Ant buildfile" is associated with *.xml and
likewise, under File associations, *.xml is associated with both the Ant
editor and Oxygen.

So I can't figure out why Eclipse doesn't provide the Ant editor as an
option for Open with...

While Oxygen is lovely it is not the best editor editing Ant files...

Cheers,

Eliot

--
W. Eliot Kimber