[oXygen-user] Re: Oxygen hanging at startup - Requested files

Busch Paul
Fri Feb 23 09:23:53 CST 2007

Hello,

> Did you retarget your My Documents folder to a network drive? Are
other
> network drives mapped to your file system but there is no connection
to these
> drives?
"My Documents" is retargeted to "D:\Documents and Settings\buschp\My
Documents". The only specialty about it is that it is not on "C:".
Nevertheless "D:" is a local partition of my hard disk and not a network
drive.
I have a bunch of network drives mapped. Two of them are mapped although
I have no access rights for them.

> Does oXygen start up normally if you add the parameter
> -Duser.home=C:\temp\folder
> to the java command line in oxygen.bat and start oXygen again with the
> oxygen.bat script?
The line in oxygen.bat now looks like this (without the linebreaks):

	java -Xmx256m -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true
	-Dcom.oxygenxml.ApplicationDataFolder="%APPDATA%"
	-Duser.home=D:\temp
	-cp %CP% ro.sync.exml.Oxygen %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

Yet oxygen.bat does not work.
I also removed the network drives that I don't have access to but it's
not better.

One funny thing I just saw is the value of some environment variables:

%HOMEDRIVE%: "M:"
"M:" is one of the network drives that I have access to.

%HOMEPATH%: "\"
Together %HOMEDRIVE% and %HOMEPATH% make "M:\"...

%USERPROFILE%: "D:\Documents and Settings\buschp"
%USERPROFILE% is obviously not %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% which I thought was
the normal state.

I temporarily changed %HOMEDRIVE% and %HOMEPATH% to make "D:\Documents
and Settings\buschp" but that didn't help either.

Regards

Paul