[oXygen-user] Re: Oxygen hanging at startup - Requested files

Busch Paul
Fri Feb 23 09:53:10 CST 2007

Hello Sorin,
got him! I just went through the list of things I installed during the
last weeks. Among them "Nokia PC Suite" which allows you to manipulate
files on your cell phone via USB cable or Bluetooth with some obscure
extension for windows explorer.
I just uninstalled that and Oxygen is going as fast as usual. It would
be an explanation that Oxygen tried to read the virtual cell phone
folder and took so long because the cell phone wasn't connected. It
wasn't any faster when I connected the phone via Bluetooth though.
If I have to make a choice between PC Suite and Oxygen I choose Oxygen.
Maybe it would be possible to exclude such special folders from the file
dialogs. After all it's pretty unlikely that one will be storing
anything interesting for Oxygen on a cell phone and the synchronization
feature of PC Suite is a neat tool as well.
Regards and thanks a bunch for your help!

Paul