[oXygen-user] Oxygen hanging at startup

Busch Paul
Fri Feb 23 02:53:30 CST 2007

Hi all,
I had a working installation of Oxygen 8.0 with JVM 1.5.9 on Windows XP.
When I decided to upgrade to Oxygen 8.1 I also wanted to upgrade my JVM
to version 6. I uninstalled Oxygen, JDK and JRE. Afterwards I installed
JDK 6 (which includes JRE 6) and Oxygen 8.1. Since this installation I
have not been able to start any of the Oxygen applications. The splash
screen appears, says "loading application" and hangs at 2%. Processor
usage goes up to 100% and I have to kill the process.
I read in the forums that changing the JVM might help. Well, I have
tried every combination of Oxygen versions 8.0 and 8.1 with JVM version
1.5.9, 1.5.11 and 6 now but the problem persists. Even the combination
of Oxygen 8.0 and JVM 1.5.9 that worked before fails.
What am I missing?

Best regards

Paul