[oXygen-user] Comments about a possible new feature

Marius Scurtescu
Tue Jan 27 11:41:50 CST 2004

My first reaction was that fading text out does not make
any sense. If I don't want to see that much text then I
can resize the window (and I never do that).

On the other hand being a totally new idea I could
miss something, we always say no to something new.

Did you see this behavior in some other editor?

Other options would be to fade out lines not by
proximity but by context. In a programming language
you could fade out code outside the current function
or block you are editing. In XML you could use the
current tag and a few parent tags as the context.

Marius