[oXygen-user] JAI

Sean Wheller
Fri Dec 12 10:43:25 CST 2003

--- Sorin Ristache <> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already found a workaround in the stylesheets
> myself and probably we
> will include FOP 0.20.5 in the next release of
> <oXygen/>.

Thats great. But does that mean that the XSL's shipped
will be a modified version of those on docbook.sf.net?
I know that the extensions etc. are not bundled. But I
always thought that the XSL's were 1:1 the same as
those on SF.

> To use JAI in FO transformations you have to copy
> jai_core.jar,
> jai_codec.jar and mlibwrapper_jai.jar in the lib
> subdirectory of your
> <oXygen/> installation and add the name of the
> directory containing
> mlib_jai.dll and mlib_jai_mmx.dll to the PATH
> environment variable. Also
> you have to set up FOP 0.20.5 as an external FO
> processor.

Thanks, I will try this and then write a new article
for oxygenxml.com. There is already an article on how
to install an external FO processor. BTW this also
includes an installtion for JIMI. Perhaps if I do a
general article on Image Handling and inlcude both
JIMI and JAI in one article, it would be better. The
FO Processor article could just XREF to this new
article.

> We will think about allowing the user to specify a
> location where JAI or
> other tool is already installed on the machine.

Oh well, one more xmas wish that I can scratch off my
list <sigh/>. Maybe next year :-)

Sean Wheller