[oXygen-user] JAI

Sorin Ristache
Mon Dec 15 03:19:55 CST 2003

Sean Wheller wrote:
> --- Sorin Ristache <> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I already found a workaround in the stylesheets
>>myself and probably we
>>will include FOP 0.20.5 in the next release of
>><oXygen/>.
>

> Thats great. But does that mean that the XSL's shipped
> will be a modified version of those on docbook.sf.net?
> I know that the extensions etc. are not bundled. But I
> always thought that the XSL's were 1:1 the same as
> those on SF.

Just a minor modification. Otherwise DocBook documents having an FO tree
that contains blank-body sections cannot be rendered to PDF documents
with Apache FOP 0.20.5. You already tried that with the very short and
simple document I sent you. When a future version of FOP handles
blank-body sections correctly or the DocBook stylesheets on SF are made
compatible with FOP the stylesheets included in <oXygen/> will be 1:1
the same as the SF ones.

>>To use JAI in FO transformations you have to copy
>>jai_core.jar,
>>jai_codec.jar and mlibwrapper_jai.jar in the lib
>>subdirectory of your
>><oXygen/> installation and add the name of the
>>directory containing
>>mlib_jai.dll and mlib_jai_mmx.dll to the PATH
>>environment variable. Also
>>you have to set up FOP 0.20.5 as an external FO
>>processor.
>

> Thanks, I will try this and then write a new article
> for oxygenxml.com. There is already an article on how
> to install an external FO processor. BTW this also
> includes an installtion for JIMI. Perhaps if I do a
> general article on Image Handling and inlcude both
> JIMI and JAI in one article, it would be better. The
> FO Processor article could just XREF to this new
> article.

A general article on Image Handling would be OK.