Code templates are small document fragments that can be inserted quickly at the editing
position and can be reused in other editing sessions. Oxygen XML Developer comes with a large set of
ready-to use templates for XSL, XQuery, and XML Schema. You can even share your code templates
with your colleagues using the template export and import functions.
To obtain the template list, use:
- The shortcut key that activates the Content Completion Assistant on
request is Ctrl (Meta on Mac OS) +
Space. It displays the code templates names in
together with proposed element names.
- The shortcut key that activates code templates assistant on request: Ctrl (Meta on Mac OS) + Shift +
Space. It displays
only the code templates in the proposals list.
To open the Code Templates preferences page, go to . This preferences page contains a list with all available code templates (both
built-in and custom created ones) and a code preview area. You can disable any code template
by unchecking its corresponding option box.
- New - defines a new code template. You can choose to set the newly
defined code template for a specific type of editor or for all editor types;
- Edit - edits the selected code template;
- Duplicate - creates a duplicate of the currently selected code
- Delete - deletes the currently selected code template. This action
is disabled for the built-in code templates;
- Import - imports a file with code templates that was created by the
- Export - exports a file with code templates.