Code templates are small document fragments that can be inserted quickly at the editing
position and can be reused in other editing sessions. Oxygen XML Developer comes with a large set of
ready-to use templates for XSL, XQuery, and XML Schema. You can even share your code templates
with your colleagues using the template export and import functions.
To obtain the template list, use:
- The shortcut key that activates content completion assistant on request:
(Ctrl+Space) on Windows and Linux,
(Cmd+Space) on Mac OS X. It displays the code templates
together with proposed element names.
- The shortcut key that activates code templates assistant on request:
(Ctrl+Shift+Space) on Windows and Linux,
(Cmd+Shift+Space) on Mac OS X. It displays only the code
templates in the proposals list.
The Code Templates preferences panel is opened from menu . It contains a list with all available code templates (both built-in and custom
created ones) and a code preview area. You can disable any code template by unchecking its
corresponding option box.
- New - Defines a new code template. You can choose to set the newly
defined code template for a specific type of editor or for all editor types.
- Edit - Edits the selected code template.
- Duplicate - Creates a duplicate of the currently selected code
- Delete - Deletes the currently selected code template. This action
is disabled for the built-in code templates.
- Import - Imports a file with code templates that was created by the
- Export - Exports a file with code templates.