To open the CSS Validator preferences page, go to .
You can configure the following options for the built-in CSS validator of Oxygen XML Author:
- Profile - Selects one of the available validation profiles:
CSS 1, CSS 2, CSS
2.1, CSS 3, CSS 3 with Oxygen
extensions, SVG, SVG Basic,
SVG Tiny, Mobile, TV
Profile, ATSC TV Profile. The profile CSS 3 with Oxygen
extensions includes all the CSS 3 standard properties and the CSS extensions
specific for Oxygen that can be used in Author
mode. That means all
Oxygen specific extensions are accepted in a CSS stylesheet by the
built-in CSS validator when this profile is selected.
- Media type - Selects one of the available mediums:
all, aural, braille,
screen, tty, tv,
- Warning level - Sets the minimum severity level for reported
validation warnings. Can be one of: All,
Normal, Most Important, No
- Ignore properties - Here you can type comma separated patterns that
match the names of CSS properties that will be ignored at validation. As wildcards you can use:
- * to match any string;
- ? to match any character.
- Recognize browser CSS extensions (applies also to content
completion) - If checked, Oxygen XML Author recognizes (no
validation is performed) browser-specific CSS properties. The content completion assistant
lists these properties at the end of its list, prefixed with the following particles:
- -moz- for Mozilla;
- -ms- for Internet Explorer;
- -o- for Opera;
- -webkit- for Safari/Webkit.