[oXygen-user] [Ann] Oxygen 19.0 beta

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) support at oxygenxml.com
Thu Mar 16 09:18:57 CDT 2017

Hi everybody,

We are working hard preparing to launch Oxygen 19.0 in about 3 weeks and
we found some time to prepare and upload Oxygen 19.0 (standalone and
Eclipse plugin) beta kits on our web site:

The list of new Oxygen 19 features can be found here:

It would be great if you would find the time to test Oxygen 19.0 and
give us some feedback.
If you start the Oxygen 19.0 beta application and it requests a license
key you can request one from our web site or drop us an email and we'll
generate one for you.

As usual we've put quite a lot of effort into DITA, Docbook editing
improvements, WebHelp publishing improvements, XSLT enhancements plus
various component updates.

A short what's new list grouped by category can be found below:

1) DITA:

Fast Create Multiple Topics at Once
DITA Reusable Components View
Convert between DITA Topic Types
Introducing Chemistry - Built-in CSS-based PDF Processor for Publishing
Improvements for Converting DITA to PDF using CSS
Master Files Support for DITA
Improved DITA Map Validation
Content Completion for IDs in Text Mode

2) DocBook:

Support for DocBook 5.1
Publish Tracked Changes and Comments to PDF Output
Multimedia Support in DocBook

3) XSLT:

Convert Between Multiple xsl:if and xsl:choose
XSLT Code Quality Assurance
Improved Error Localization in XPath Expressions
Improved Refactoring Support for XSLT

4) WebHelp:

Search Auto-Completion
Phrase Search Support
Improved Sorting for Search Results
Show Missing Terms for Search Results
Search Results Pagination

5) Component Updates:

Exist 3.0
Saxon Updated to
DITA OT 2.4.4
DITA For Publishers Plugins Updated to 1.0.0RC26
TEI Schemas 3.1.0 / TEI Stylesheets 7.42.0
DocBook XSLT Stylesheets 1.79.2
EpubCheck 4.0.2
DITA OT OOXML Plugin 1.2
Calabash 1.1.15
jQuery 3.1.1
XSpec 0.5.0
Neko 1.9.22
Apache Ant 1.9.8
Markdown Plugin for DITA OT 1.2.3

6) As usual we also added lots of new API:

Radu Coravu