[oXygen-user] Oxygen Author Mode as a Word-Processor; Was RE: Easy insertion of en/em-dash

Robert Leif
Thu Oct 2 16:50:23 CDT 2014

Hi Markus et al.

I wrote "Thus, a pull-down tree should be organized by them and at each
level permit the user to change the style except when the style is
read-only. (Underline added). I anticipated what you want with read-only.
oXygen author is very useful for webpage WISIWIG coding. Unfortunately, the
authors of HTML5 made it difficult to embed XML data-types in it.

CSS formatting capabilities would potentially be a very useful tool for
structured document development. I believe that we are in agreement that
content and style information should be kept separate, which is what I
proposed. The CSS document must be separate from the XML content. In fact,
it would be quite useful when one writes a paper to be able to directly copy
code written in XML into another XML document and format that code with a
premade CSS style sheet. Presently in FrameMaker, I have to individually tag
all of the elements, attributes, and their values, which is tedious.

I believe that the automatic generation capabilities of oXygen need to be
restrained, but not eliminated.

Bob Leif