[oXygen-user] [ann] oXygen version 16 is available

Andreas Wagner Andreas.Wagner at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri May 23 04:42:46 CDT 2014

Hi Radu, hi all,

* Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu)  dixit [2014-05-22 16:29]:
> So you are using Oxygen 16.0, right?

Duh; I feel so stupid. I had installed 16.0, confirming the
de-installation of my old 15.2 when I was asked about it. So I thought I
just must be using 16.0. It just so happened that I was launching oXygen
via a self-made symlink called "oxygen" (without version number) and
that pointed to the 15.2 symlink which in turn pointed to the 15.2
binary, which were to my surprise all still around...

Now I redirected my "oxygen" symlink and, tadaaa, it works.
Just for the record (and perhaps for showing off the power of the
${xpath_eval()} variable), I am using the following as "URL pattern"
parameter:

https://www.google.de/search?tbm=bks&q=${xpath_eval(
  normalize-space(
    concat(
      ancestor-or-self::TEI/teiHeader/fileDesc/titleStmt/title[@type="main"]/text(),
      ", ",
      string-join(
	ancestor-or-self::TEI/teiHeader/fileDesc/titleStmt/author,
	" "
      )
    )
  )
)}

When launching my action from anywhere within the document, this opens
the web browser at

http://www.google.de/search?tbm=bks&q=Summa%20Theologiae%20Moralis,%20Enrique%20Henr%C3%ADquez

A thousand ideas coming to my mind right now as to what else can be done
with this wonderful new feature. Thank you a lot - and please excuse my
dumbness in not realizing I had still been running the old version all
the time.

Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas Wagner