[oXygen-user] advice on epub scenario customization

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Sorin Ristache)
Tue Aug 26 09:23:58 CDT 2014

Hello,

The XSL file called by the TEI to EPUB transformation is

/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/tei/xml/tei/stylesheet/profiles/default/epub/to.xsl

which imports and uses

/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/tei/xml/tei/stylesheet/epub/tei-to-epub.xsl

where most processing is done. Depending on your customizations you will
need to modify this file tei-to-epub.xsl or one of the XSLT files that
are imported in tei-to-epub.xsl.

If your customization is only a visual look and feel issue that can be
done with CSS code then maybe setting a custom CSS in the "cssFile"
parameter of the transformation may be enough. If a CSS is not enough
you have to modify the XSLT files that I mentioned above.

This is the only transformation available for creating an ebook from a
TEI XML document. Oxygen comes also with a TEI PDF transformation (if we
can call PDF output an ebook format) but I think it needs many
customizations to make it professional as a visual format. Please try
also the TEI PDF transformation and let us know if the generated PDF
output looks nice for you.

Best regards,