[oXygen-user] focus XPath/XQuery Builder view

Jakob Fix
Mon Aug 25 03:21:41 CDT 2014

Hi,

Sometimes, having an (XQuery) file open, I'd like to do some
experimentation in the XQuery Builder view. You add a couple of lines of
code, try it out, etc. Then, I'd like to comment out a line or a selection
using Ctrl-Shift-, in this view, but this doesn't work. Apparently, the
focus for this type of action remains with the previous file, and suddenly
you get a comment where you cursor is in this file (or, if a selection was
active, around it).

The behaviour is the same on Windows and Mac, latest 16.0, build
2014070913. These commands are listed under the "Document" menu item which
is coherent with their behaviour (they apply to documents only, not to
"buffers"), but I would argue that commands like this should be applicable
in the window or view where the cursor is currently active, and this would
be very useful there. Maybe that's not as easy as it sounds because of the
Eclipse underpinnings?  Could you consider this for a future improvement?

cheers,
Jakob.