[oXygen-user] Direct XML presentation?

Robert Leif rleif at rleif.com
Fri Apr 4 10:55:58 CDT 2014

This use of Author as a presentation tool indicates the possibility of
extending Author to be an Office suite and storing the files as EPUBs. You
can approximate much of Microsoft Word and potentially Adobe Framemaker by
enhancing Author to create CSS by a menu similar to the Framemaker Paragraph
Designer, but with CSS nomenclature and design. Basically, a structured CSS
file can replace the proprietary Framemaker format. This would provide a
method to save and/or copy XHTML and XML files. Presently, I create my
CytometryML (www.cytometryml.org) posters and papers from Author or the text
version of my schemas. I have created styles in Framemaker to do this.
I believe that EPUB would make an excellent open format replacement for both
Adobe PDF and Microsoft Office files. EPUB can also act as a binary file
transporter.
Thank you.
Bob Leif