[oXygen-user] XML Schema documentation

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Tue Mar 19 08:52:39 CDT 2013

Hi,

Note that in the Settings from the "XML Schema Documentation" dialog
there is an option "Escape XML content" nested under the "Annotations"
option. When enabled (it is by default) this option causes the tags
themselves from the annotation to show up in the output. So, disable it.

Having said that, for XML Schema there is currently no common styling
format supported for both HTML and PDF output.
If you use HTML tags, they work correctly in the HTML output, but not in
the PDF output.
If you use DocBook 5 tags (namespace is required), they are correctly
interpreted in the PDF output, but not in the HTML output.

I've submitted a feature request to investigate the support for a common
tag format for all output formats in a future version of Oxygen
(probably for DocBook 5 tags).

Alternative solutions:
- use DocBook tags in annotations. However, for HTML, instead of using
directly the HTML output format, you can use the DocBook output and then
manually transform the DocBook result into HTML. This loses the option
of splitting the output into multiple HTML files (by
namespace/location/component) and may also require some additional tweaking.
- use DocBook tags in annotations and for HTML use the Custom output
format. This requires some additional customization of the HTML
stylesheets from:
Oxygen/frameworks/schema_documentation/xsl/xsdDocHtml.xsl to transform
the DocBook tags to their HTML counterparts. Then in the Options of the
Custom output you can specify the customized stylesheet.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support