[oXygen-user] Find/Replace in Files: unable to find pretty-printed word combinations

DaMommio, Aaron D (Aaron) aarond at motive.com
Tue Jul 31 11:52:46 CDT 2012

Yves makes some good points here. It would be really nice to have a check-box option that ignores white space in the search, without the need to learn regular expressions. Perhaps that would be implemented internally by replacing spaces with \s+.

Yves, for your immediate issue, what about providing an example search along with a link to more info about regular expressions, to your team? In my environment, I’d create a wiki page about this, and start collecting examples from people. This is how we approach encouraging the use of the Xpath field … I don’t expect all my users to know Xpath, so I tell them how to do a search like
//figure/title   to get a list of figure titles, and point out they can do the same for sections or anything with a title (we use DocBook).

Maybe you could develop a series of regular expression examples to lead your students down the shining path of regex greatness. ☺

--Aaron DaMommio