[oXygen-user] Outline view again

George Cristian Bina george at oxygenxml.com
Fri Jan 20 08:46:49 CST 2012

Hi David,

We will look into this (early next week) to see what such a change means
exactly.
My previous explanation was not complete - also the ancestors of the
matched nodes are present in the tree.
So, right now the tree structure of the document is actually preserved,
the filtered tree contains all the nodes from the document that belong
to a path from root to a leaf containing a matched node (and the matched
nodes are rendered with bold). If we show only the matched nodes then
the parent/child hierarchy will be not match the actual document
hierarchy, for example if you match on "section" and "para" and you have
para elements directly inside a section and para elements inside an
itemizedlist/listitem then these later will be promoted as siblings of
the former - that may cause some confusion I believe...