[oXygen-user] Framework add-ons -- what and where?

oXygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Aug 8 01:00:16 CDT 2012

Hi,

Did you added by any change some Unicode characters in the
extensions.xml? Possibly in the description of the add-on? If that's the
case we have already fixed this issue and a new build will be available
shortly. To see if this is the case:
- manually remove the entire {update_site} directory
- remove any Unicode characters from the extensions XML. Until the new
build is out just use a generic description.
- start Oxygen and install the add-on
- check if it appears both in "Add-ons Management" and in "Document Type
Associations"
- uninstall and restart to see that the {update_site} directory is empty

Also, to see why it takes two tries to start Oxygen you could open a
console, and use the oxygen.bat launcher and you will probably see an
exception. Send us the exception so that we can take a look at it.

If the problem still persists you could also send us the extension.xml
file found inside the the directory under {update_site}.

Best regards,
Alex