[oXygen-user] Framework add-ons -- what and where?

Tony Graham tgraham at mentea.net
Tue Aug 7 10:14:54 CDT 2012

On Tue, August 7, 2012 2:48 pm, Alex Jitianu wrote:
> If you are referring to the fact that the directory
>
> C:\Users\{user_name}\AppData\Roaming\com.oxygenxml\extensions\v14.0\frameworks\{update_site}
>
> still exists you are right. But it should be empty, the actual framework
> directory from within should have been deleted. There's a small
> improvement we can make here to remove that empty directory. Is this
> also your situation or is the framework directory still present and
> loaded by Oxygen?

The directory under {update_site} was not deleted.  Back when I had a file
and two directories in the add-on's Zip file, one of the two directories
was deleted when I uninstalled the add-on.  After several times deleting
add-on directories to see what was or was not deleted when the add-on is
uninstalled, I've now got my oXygen in a state where it takes two tries to
get it to start and it both has the add-on framework and shows it as ready
to be installed (no matter how many times you reinstall it).

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham at mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming