[oXygen-user] Preventing oXygen XML Author/Editor from overwriting commonltr.css?

Radu Coravu
Wed Sep 1 07:23:09 CDT 2010

  Hi Yves,

This is regular DITA Open Toolkit behavior.
There are some alternatives I can think of to achieve what you want
(ordered from best to worst):
1) Use a custom CSS file which overwrites the customltr.css selectors
and is specified in the transformation scenario in the "Parameters"
using the "args.css" property.
2) Make your modifications to the original CSS directly in the
"OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\resource\" folder.
3) You can make modifications to the build scripts to stop overwriting
the CSS.
Look in the build_preprocess.xml file for the target called "copy-css".
The copying is done:
<copy todir="${user.csspath.real}">
<fileset dir="${dita.resource.dir}" includes="*.css"></fileset>
</copy>
4) [Hack] As far as I know ANT never overwrites a newer file with an
older one so you can set a created date "in the future" for the
commonltr.css located in the output directory

If anybody else knows other alternatives (or the right way for this
customization to be done) please contribute.

<oXygen/>   XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com