[oXygen-user] request: resolve entity refs in err msgs

Syd Bauman
Fri Sep 11 10:59:00 CDT 2009

[Apologies if this is a repeat -- I haven't done a good search of the
archives, etc.]

I often use "<" and ">" to indicate that a word is the name of an XML
element type. I even do this in diagnostic and error messages. E.g.:
  <xsl:message>I found a &lt;duck> element</xsl:message>

In oXygen, the message that is output to the Messages tab has the
less than and greater than escaped as entity references:
  [Saxon6.5.5] I found a &lt;duck&gt; element.

Same is true for messages generated from Schematron validation. I
realize that at one point in life those messages were in XML
documents (e.g., SVRL), but I'd really like to *see* pointy brackets.
Is there or could there be an option to display these as characters
instead of entity references?

Thanks for listening.