[oXygen-user] Schematron validation "errors" enhancement

George Cristian Bina
Thu Nov 26 10:05:51 CST 2009

Hi Wendell, John, Syd,

I changed the Schematron support as follows:

* I removed the default marking of reports as warnings
* to determine the severity level of a message we look for, in order:
1. the role attribute
    If the value matches (case insensitive)
    "warn" or "warning" 		-- we set the level to warning
    "error" 			-- we set the level to error
    "fatal" 			-- we set the level to fatal
    "info" or "information"	-- we set the level to info

2. the start of the message after trimming whitespaces
    If the message starts with (case sensitive)
    "Warning:" 	-- we set the level to warning
    "Error:" 	-- we set the level to error
    "Fatal:" 	-- we set the level to fatal
    "Info:"	-- we set the level to info
    The matched prefix is removed from the message.

3. we use the error level as default/fallback.

I cannot see an easy way to implement a phase based approach. oXygen
determines the phases and pops up a phase chooser dialog when the
document is validated for the first time or on "Reset cache and
validate" action.

All these will be available in oXygen 11.1. If you need access to that
before 11.1 just let me know.