[oXygen-user] Preserving whitespaces for PRE-like elements

George Cristian Bina
Tue May 26 01:31:14 CDT 2009

Hi Florent,

Yes.

One way is to add an eg entry in Options -> Editor -- Format -- XML in
the "Preserve space elements (XPath)" list.

Another possibility is to use xml:space="preserve" on the elements that
you want to have the spaces preserved.

If you edit the file in the Author mode then if you specify in the CSS
that eg is a witespace preserve element and oXygen takes the CSS
information into account and does not change the whitespaces in those
elements

white-space:pre;