[oXygen-user] ID Setting Extension for DITA Authoring

Eliot Kimber
Wed May 13 09:01:17 CDT 2009

I'm using Author to create DITA documents that have nested topics. An
annoyance is that topics require the id= attribute, so having inserted a
nested topic, I then have to set the ID even though I don't really care what
the ID is.

My questions:

1. Is there already a sample Oxygen extension that assigns IDs that I can
use or adapt for this?

2. If the answer to (1) is no, where should I look for guidance on how to
implement such an extension.

Thanks,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:   <mailto:>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>