[oXygen-user] Embedding fonts in Oxygen for FOP

Mark Wilson
Mon Mar 2 15:57:09 CST 2009

I am trying to embed a font containing Czech glyphs. Following Oxygen's
instructions to embed a font in FOP for pdf output:

On my Windows Vista system, with Apache FOP 0.95 and Oxygen 10.1, when I run
ttfConvert.bat (see below), I get the error: Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/fonts/apps/TTFReader
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader. When I look in that directory, there is
an html file with that name, but no Java file. I do note at the head of the
Oxygen document, it says for the built in FOP, but there is no org.apache...
sub directory under oxygen

Can you help?
Thanks,
Mark

set LIB=lib
set CMD=java -cp "%LIB%\fop.jar;%LIB%\avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar
set CMD=%CMD%;%LIB%\xml-apis.jar;%LIB%\xercesImpl.jar;%LIB%\xalan.jar
set CMD=%CMD%;%LIB%\serializerOxygen.jar"
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader
set FONT_DIR=C:\Windows\Fonts
%CMD% %FONT_DIR%\Tleeur.ttf TLEastEurope.xml