[oXygen-user] (Windows) opening up a file in different instances?

Sorin Ristache
Mon Jun 29 09:42:12 CDT 2009

Hello,

By default right-click on a file in Windows Explorer and Open in Oxygen
should open the file in the running instance of Oxygen. If a second
instance is started on your computer either you added the Oxygen startup
parameter -Dcom.oxygenxml.MultipleInstances=true or there is a firewall
or antivirus application that blocks the connections to local ports (by
default the second instance tries to connect to a local port to see if
there is a first running instance). In the second case you should add
Oxygen to the list of exceptions (applications that are allowed to
connect to a local port) or disable this blocking feature of the firewall.